This program forms high level professionals in the field of automatic control, robotics, and machine learning. They are capable of designing models and control systems for industrial applications and have a solid knowledge of the technological processes for which control systems need to be designed. The program offers four paths that focus on different aspects of contemporary control system engineering:
- Robotics: models and control techniques for single or groups of interacting robots and cyber-systems;
- Machine Learning: artificial intelligence and statistical methods for learning data-driven models and the optimal ways to control them;
- Industrial Automation: methods and technologies used in Industry 4.0, i.e. state-of-the-art industrial automation systems;
- Complex Systems: advanced modeling and control techniques for engineering and research in complex physical, biological, and information processing systems.
In addition to these, we offer the opportunity to tailor a path that suits the student’s interests and needs.
The program, completely offered in English, provides its graduates with the skills needed to:
- adapt to the rapid evolution of methods and technology in Robotics, Machine Learning, and Industry 4.0;
- design, plan, and manage complex and innovative processes and services;
- collaborate with professionals of other fields of engineering (in particular, mechanical, electrical, and process engineering).
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or related fields (e.g. Mathematics) is required, with proven skills in Information Engineering, Physics, and Mathematics
- Minimum GPA equivalent to Italian 84/110
- English language: B2 level (CEFR) or equivalent
The occupational opportunities are in research and development, advanced design, plan and management of complex systems, both as freelance professionals and as employees in private and public companies. In particular, occupational opportunities are in electrical and electromechanical engineering companies, chemical companies, aero-spatial companies and, more generally, service providers and managing companies requiring design and development of automatic control, machine learning and robotics systems.
After 3 years from graduation:
Thanks to the skillset in ‘Control of Dynamical Systesm and
Optimization’ developed during my graduate studies at DEI, I currently
develop cutting-edge research solutions in the field of Artificial
Intelligence in one among the top German industrial research centers.
I believe that my education, and especially my master degree program has given me the tools to succeed in my carreer: the technical knowledge and the critical mindset to attack the tasks at hand, the formalism and the logical thinking, and last but not least the international network to find support and opportunities.
Laura Dal Col
The Department of Information Engineering is an incredibly fertile environment where to grow both from a human and scientific point of view. The Control group is internationally recognised as one of the best Control Engineering schools in Europe. The degree in Control Systems Engineering taught me that theory has a very practical influence on key engineering questions.
The Master in Control Engineering at UNIPD offered me the perfect combination of theoretical training and applied experiences. Advanced research projects inspired me and gave me the confidence to pursue an academic career after graduation.
Thanks to the studies in control engineering I became a researcher in the prominent world of Artificial Intelligence. I develop machine learning technologies for robotic systems in a cutting-edge research laboratory.